Kasol: Visit the Amsterdam of India for beautiful adventures
Kasol is the perfect definition of a hamlet located close to River Parvati. It is known as the ‘Amsterdam of India’. It is the paradisiacal hub of mountaineers, trekkers, nature lovers, vacationers, honeymooners, and backpackers. From snow-clad mountains to trekking trails, Kasol has everything for you.
How to reach Kasol
Kasol is well connected with the rest of the country by good roadways. You can avail of regular state bus and private bus services. The nearest airport is in Bhuntar (31 km). The nearest railways station is in Joginder Nagar (145 Km). it is a narrow-gauge railway station, for broad gauge service, you will have to connect to Pathankot.
Best places to visit in Kasol
- Nature Park - This is the right place to be close to the Himalayan forest. Parvati River flows amidst this natural park.
- Shiv Mandir - This temple is situated in Manikaran at a height of 1760 m above sea level. this is a spiritual place for pilgrims.
- Kheer Ganga Peak - Carpeted with lush green mountain foliage, this place is the perfect conglomeration of hills, blue sky, and valleys.
- Tosh Valley - Located at a height of 2400 m above sea level beside River Tosh, this is a beautiful small village for a nice quieter getaway.
- Chalal Village - This place is ideal to imbibe the Israeli culture and lip-smacking cuisines right in the middle of the Himalayan jungle.
- Parvati River - The essence of a mountain river crossing over the valleys can be felt in this location.
Do’s and Don’ts of traveling to Kasol
Always book your accommodations beforehand. Carry drinking water all the time. ID proofs are a must. Pack woolen clothes as per the season. Do not litter. Avoid smoking and drinking in public places. Do not go out in the dark. Leave your valuables at home.
Major activities to do in Kasol
You can go trekking in Kheer Ganga. Walk on the banks of the Parvati River. Visit Tosh for a brilliant homestay. Try riverside camping in Kasol. Sar Pass Trek is a must for backpackers and trekkers.
Best time to visit Kasol
The right time to visit Kasol is in between the months of October-June.