Ooty: The mesmerizing hill station that will make you come again
Ooty is the heaven amidst the Nilgiri Hills. This hill station is considered to be one of the best in the world as it will surely take your breath away. Previously. It was the headquarters during the summer season where British colonials spent months escaping from the heat. The tea gardens, waterfalls, cascading hilly rives, and meandering lanes will mesmerize you.
How to reach Ooty
Coimbatore (88 km) is the nearest airport. Domestic flights are available from all major cities in India. Mettupalayam (40 km) is the nearest railway station. You can also ride on the auspicious Nilgiri train, a heritage, to make the journey remarkable. You can also take a bus from Chennai, Mysore, and Bangalore.
Best places to visit Ooty
- Avalanche Lake - Surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful mountains, this is a remarkable destination to visit. It was created due to a massive landslide that happened in the 1800s.
- Ooty Lake - This is a beautiful lake, artificially created for the purpose of fishing and boating. Tourists can also do cycling here.
- Ooty Botanical Gardens - It has a huge area of 55 acres offering rare species of plants. This place also conducts a flower show at the Summer Festival.
- Doddabetta Peak - This is the meeting point of the Eastern and Western Ghats offering panoramic views of the valleys and habitations.
- Needle View Hill Point - This is a superb location where you will be mesmerized by a 360-degree view of hills and valleys from the top of a hill.
Do’s and Don’ts of traveling to Ooty
Always book hotels and travel resources beforehand as it is a very busy tourist location. Pack walking shoes. There is no need to pack heavy woolen clothes. Don’t drink alcohol as random tests are performed by officials. Maintain the decorum of the locations. Carry cash and always be with the pack.
Major activities to do in Ooty
Do not miss the Nilgiri Mountain toy train ride. Visit the botanical garden. You can do camping in Avalanche Lake. Go for a trek in Kotagiri.
Suitable time to visit Ooty
Visit Ooty during April-June and September-November.