Mussoorie: The Queen of Hills is calling you
Mussoorie is called the Queen of Hills. It attracts lakhs of tourists every year from all corners of the world. Located far away from the hustle of the cities, this is the ideal place to unwind and rejuvenate yourself. This is also called the paradise for honeymooners and leisure travelers.
How to reach Mussoorie
Jolly Grant (59 km) is the nearest airport to Mussoorie. You can avail of flights from Mumbai, Delhi, and other leading cities in India. State transport buses can be availed from Dehradun, Delhi, and other important places in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. Dehradun is the nearest railway station. Rented cars, local taxis, and buses are available to
connect to Mussoorie.
Best places to visit in Mussoorie
- Lal Tibba - It is located at the hilltop of Depot Hill. It offers stunning viewpoints from where the entire location can be seen.
- Gun Hill - It is the second-highest point in Mussoorie. You can see the Srikantha, Pithwara, and Bunderpunch Himalayan ranges from here.
- Kempty Falls - It is a beautiful place where you will find a small waterfall. You are allowed to swim here for a short period.
- Cloud’s End - Thick jungles and trekking tracks in this location will take you to Benog Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Dhanauti - It is a small village of unspoiled natural beauty. The Himalayan greenery and religious shrines will take your breath away.
Do’s and Don’ts of traveling to Mussoori
Try to walk in Mussoorie to enjoy the local views. Carry your ID proof all the time. Carry sufficient cash to meet the needs. Avoid littering the serene locations. Beware of strangers and always remain in a group.
Major activities to do in Mussoorie
Mussoorie is the best place for trekking, paragliding, rafting, rock climbing, and other adventure sports. You can go roller-skating and boating in the lakes. You can also go for a wild safari in Mussoorie. Check out the locations for mountain hiking and enjoy it with your group.
Best time to visit Mussoorie
The ideal time to visit Mussoorie is in the months of April-mid July and September-mid November. If you want to experience snowfall then the months of December-February will be the best bet.