Rishikesh: The holiest place to enjoy adventure sports close to nature
Rishikesh is a holy place located in the Tehri Garhwal of the Himalayan ranges. It is situated on the banks of River Ganga. This holy place was established by Adi Shankaracharya in the 9th Century. Apart from divine holiness, you will find pristine mountains, riverside promenades, lush forests, and a blue sky to feel closer to nature.
How to reach Rishikesh
The nearest airport is located in Dehradun (35 km). you can get a direct flight from Delhi. You can take a cab or a bus to reach the destination from the airport. You can also get a bus from Haridwar and Delhi. Haridwar is the nearest railway station (25 km). Rishikesh is connected via National Highway 58 with the rest of the country.
Best places to visit in Rishikesh
- Lakshman Jhula - It is a very popular hanging bridge built on River Ganga to connect Pauri Garhwal and Tehri Garhwal. You cannot cross the bridge due to security issues.
- Triveni Ghat - It is the confluence of three of the holiest rivers in India, Ganga, Saraswati, and Yamuna. Do not miss the evening aarti done by the top priests.
- Shivpuri - This is a small town surrounded by the foothills of the Himalayas. It is ideal to camp and enjoy river rafting here.
- Kaudiyala - This location is generally visited by rock climbers to meet challenges. You can also do river rafting here.
- Kuari Pass - The best example of alpine meadows is Kuari Pass. Backpackers from all over the world visit here to camp in Tali, Gulling, and Chitrakantha.
Do’s and don’ts of traveling to Rishikesh
Never miss the chance to enjoy the different kinds of adventure sports here. Always choose a licensed instructor. Wear comfortable clothes during rafting. Follow the instructor. Refrain from wearing expensive jewelry. Remember the instructions given and follow it word by word. Maintain the decorum of the temples.
Major activities to do in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is the heaven for river rafters and hikers. You can also go cliff jumping in Brahmapuri Stretch. Go camping.
Best time to visit Rishikesh
The best time to visit rishikesh is between March and May. It is the ideal time to plan a visit.