Holiday Tour Packages is a combination of Accommodation, Flights, Transportation, Local Sightseeing and Activities booking. A traveler can book a tour package for a destination of their choice from the tour experts of TripClap. Tour experts are destination experts who not only provides tour packages, but also help travelers in individual bookings also. Tour Packages always save a lot of time and money to a traveler as one doesn’t have to search and book different parts of a tour package separately. Different Tour packages have different prices, requirements, cancellation and terms & policies as every tourist destination has its own rules and regulations. For e.g in Manali a traveler has to take a local taxi to go to Rohtang pass and can’t take their taxi there. Similarly, Amarnath requires travelers to be healthy & fit to be eligible to go on one of the toughest journeys of the world. It is always suggested to go through all terms and policies before booking a tour package. We at TripClap provides cancellation policies, terms & conditions against every tour package. Tour packages are generally meant for more than 2 nights for a domestic i.e local destination and more than 3 nights for an international destination. From India context domestic means India, and international means foreign countries. We have thousands of tour packages on our tour package marketplace where local tour experts list their favorite tour packages and travelers can enquire on these tour packages to get the final quotation as per their dates and requirements. Price of tour packages are not fixed; they keep on varying every day and hour just like flights, hotels. It is always advisable to book a tour package 30 days in advance in case of domestic travel and 45 days in advance of international trip.
You can book tour packages of following destinations on TripClap Shimla Tour Packages, Manali Tour Packages, Darjeeling Tour Packages, Mussoorie Tour Packages, Kerala Tour Packages, Maldives Tour Packages……
TripClap has many choices of tour packages for a traveler to choose from. Traveler should look for itinerary, terms & conditions, payment terms of a tour package along with following information of a tour expert - tour reviews, experience, destination badge, assured badge etc.
Here are top 20 destinations to book a tour package for in India in 2022 Content from places to visit story of next month
Top 50 Places to visit in India in December in 2023
If you are having trouble choosing a destination for a holiday, we have prepared a list of the best places to visit in India in December to help you. The cool December weather makes it the best time of year to go on vacation. With a pleasant climate and fewer tourists, it is easy to get to know these places during this month.
Places to visit in North India in December
1. New Delhi
The capital of the country, with its unique fusion of history and heaps of different cultures, is forever bustling with tourists from all over the world who cannot miss a taste of Delhi winter. Delhi is home to many historical forts and monuments to wander in North India in winter, which stand as a symbol of Indian history. Furthermore, the contrast between the quaint Chandni Chowk and the colonial surroundings of Connaught Place and Rashtrapati Bhavan leads Delhi to a difficult destination.
- Weather of Delhi in December – 9° / 22°
- How to reach Delhi – You can take a flight to Indira Gandhi International Airport or take a train toNizamuddin, Anand Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi Cantt, Delhi Sarai Rohilla Railway Station. Also, you can take a bus from Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Haryana to New Delhi
- Best places to visit in Delhi – Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple, Jama Masjid, India Gate, Lodhi Garden, Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Price range of Hotels in Delhi – 1430/- to 14070/-
Chopta, one of the coolest places for travelling in North India during winter, provides a scenic view of the snow-capped Nanda Devi, Trishul and Chaukhamba. You will feel coolth in the atmosphere of Chopta. It’s not only a snowfall destination, but also a great trekking destination for adventure seekers.
- State of Chopta - Uttarakhand
- Weather of Chopta in December - -15° / 5°
- How to reach Chopta - You can take a flight to Jolly Grant Dehradun Airport in Dehradun and then hit the road to Chopta or take a train to Haridwar Railway Station and then hire a taxi from there.
- Best places to visit in Chopta -Tungnath, Deoria Tal, Rohini Bugyal, Omkar Ratneshwar Mahadev
- Price range of Hotels in Chopta - 850/- to 3999/-
- Distance of Chopta from Delhi - 421km
- Time to reach Chopta by road from Delhi - 09hr 31min
Binsar is undoubtedly one of the eye-catching destinations to visit in India in winter. Nandadevi is a sleepy, hilly city in the statues lap of Pachchauli and Trishul and astoundingly beautiful peaks. Binsar is mainly known for the tranquil forests of the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary. The scenic sight of the Himalayan peaks such as Kedarnath and Nandadevi from Zero Point in Binsar can be admired.
- State of Binsar - Uttarakhand
- Weather of Binsar in December - 2° / 21°
- How to reach Binsar - You can take a flight to Pantnagar Airport and then hit the road to Binsar or take a train to Kathgodam Railway Station which is 120km away from there.
- Best places to visit in Binsar -Zero Point, Kasar Devi Temple, Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, Chitai Golu Devta Temple
- Price range of Hotels in Binsar - 999/- to 5400/-
- Distance of Binsar from Delhi - 346km
- Time to reach Binsar by road from Delhi - 07hr 15min
No one else gives the beauty of Mussoorie a colony of colonial architecture in a snow-white blanket. Amongst the wonderful places for travelling with family in December, Dalhousie's enchantment is Phenomenal and can’t be missed during Christmas.
- State of Mussoorie – Uttarakhand
- Weather of Mussoorie in December - -1° / 14°
- How to reach Mussoorie - You can take a flight to Jolly Grant Dehradun Airport and then hit the road to Mussoorie
- Best places to visit in Mussoorie - The Mall road, Gun Hill Point, La Tibba Scenic Point, Kempty Falls, Benog Tibba
- Price range of Hotels in Mussoorie - 750/- to 2999/-
- Distance of Mussoorie from Delhi - 289km
- Time to reach Mussoorie by road from Delhi - 6hr 35min
Rishikesh, the Yoga capital is popular for water rafting and it's the base camp for many treks. It's one of the key holiday destinations in north India in December. Also, Rishikesh is the starting point for the Char Dhaam Yatra
- State of Rishikesh - Uttarakhand
- Weather of Rishikesh in December – 10° / 25°
- How to reach Rishikesh – You can take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun or take train to Rishikesh Railway Station
- Best places to visit in Rishikesh – Yoga Treats, Jadh Ganga Trek, Kuari Pass, Kaudiyala Ram Jhula, Lakshman Jhula, Triveni Ghat, Neelkanth Mahadev, Byasi, Parmanth Ghat, and Tera Manzil (Trimbakeshwar)Temple
- Price range of Hotels in Rishikesh – 550/- to 6300/-
- Distance of Rishikesh from Delhi – 242km
- Time to reach Rishikesh by road from Delhi - 05hr 20min
Many of the best places to visit in North India in December, Amritsar is world famous for the famous Golden Temple. There is Jallianwala Bagh, a heart-wrenching pillar sanctuary to visit that speaks of the massacre versions that the British mercilessly inflicted on our people. However, the holiest temple of the Sikhs with its unmatched beauty has much more than pilgrimage and historical monuments to overload one's senses.
- State of Amritsar - Punjab
- Weather of Amritsar in December – 5° / 21°
- How to reach Amritsar – You can take a flight to Raja Sansi Airport in Amritsar or take a train to Amritsar Railway Station. Also, you can take bus from Delhi, Chandigarh, Patiala, Ambala and Jammu to Amritsar
- Best places to visit in Amritsar – Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh, Durgiana Temple, Partition Museum, Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum, Wagah Border
- Price range of Hotels in Amritsar – 1800/- to 4500/-
- Distance of Amritsar from Delhi – 451km
- Time to reach Amritsar by road from Delhi - 08hr 02min
Agra is home to one of the seven wonders of the world - the Taj Mahal, which is a "symbol of love". The city has several other historical walls, including the Agra Fort and other monuments and palaces. It is also known for its traditional culture, architecture, marble crafts, leather products, and cuisine. This city of love is on India's list of the best places to visit in December.
- State of Agra - Uttar Pradesh
- Weather of Agra in December – 8° / 23°
- How to reach Agra – You can take a flight to Kheria Airport or take a train to Agra Railway Station. Also, you can take bus from Delhi, Jaipur, Gwalior, Lucknow and Kanpur to Amritsar
- Best places to visit in Agra – Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Akbar’s Mausoleum
- Price range of Hotels in Agra – 1282/- to 4500/-
- Distance of Agra from Delhi – 242km
- Time to reach Agra by road from Delhi - 03hr 40min
Srinagar is also known as Switzerland of India. It's the prettiest destination in India for traveling with your loved ones in December. Boat ride in Dal lake is one of the top most things to do in India when you are in Srinagar. If you want to have a most memorable stay then you should book your room at 'The Lalit' grand resort.
- State of Srinagar - Jammu & Kashmir
- Weather of Srinagar in December – -2° / 10°
- How to reach Srinagar – You can take a flight to Srinagar International Airport or take a train to Jammu Tawi Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Srinagar – Nigeen Lake, Aru Valley, Mughal Gardens, Dachigam National Park, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden
- Price range of Hotels in Srinagar – 900/- to 10845/-
- Distance of Srinagar from Delhi – 812km
- Time to reach Srinagar by road from Delhi - 17hr 45min
Shimla is another most visited destination in Himachal Pradesh. It has natural beauty to explore which attracts the tourists. You can visit Mall Road, Churches etc. Shimla is a wonderful hill station to visit with family and friends in North India. Shimla offers many activities like mountain biking, heli skiing and golfing etc. also, you can go on a nature walk in Shimla.
- State of Shimla - Himachal Pradesh
- Weather of Shimla in December - 4° / 16°
- How to reach Shimla - You can take a flight to Chandigarh International Airport and then hit the road via Shimla-Kalka highway to Shimla or take a train to Shimla Railway Station
- Best places to visit in Shimla - Mall road, Rashtrapati Niwas, Jakhoo, the Ridge, Christ Church, Annandale, Scandal Point, Green Valley, Kufri, Shimla Glen
- Price range of Hotels in Shimla - 750/- to 4999/-
- Distance of Shimla from Delhi - 290km
- Time to reach Shimla by road from Delhi - 6hr 35min
The Kullu valley has an ancient town in its lap called Manali. Surrounded by towering peaks at an arm's length, Manali's major asset is its proximity to the snowline. That's why it is one of the most enjoyable places to visit in December. It is the most visited destination in Himachal Pradesh in North India. You can enjoy many outdoor activities there such as River rafting, Paragliding, Skiing, Zorbing, Quad biking and many others. It is a popular destination for newlywed couples.
- State of Manali - Himachal Pradesh
- Weather of Manali in December - -0° / -12°
- How to reach Manali - You can reach manali by road either via Himachal roadways bus/Volvo Bus Services/ Self drive by your car.
- Best places to visit in Manali - Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Mall Road, Jogini Falls, Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Snow Point et
- Price range of Hotels in Manali - 999/- to 9999/-
- Distance of Manali from Delhi - 534km
- Time to reach Manali by road from Delhi - 13hrs 12min
Dharamshala is a nature lover’s paradise. It has a sports stadium. Also, It's an enjoyable place for honeymooners, families and solo travelers. You can enjoy trekking and camping there. It’s the best place to visit during the month of December.
- State of Dharamshala – Himachal Pradesh
- Weather of Dharamshala in December – 7° / 20°
- How to reach Dharamshala – You can take a flight to Gaggal Airport or take a train to Pathankot Railway Station and then hit to road to Dharamshala which is 85 km from the station
- Best places to visit in Dharamshala – Triund hill, Dharamshala Cricket Stadium, Library of Tibetan works, The War Memorial, Gyuto Monastery, Kangra Valley
- Price range of Hotels in Dharamshala – 665/- to 2000/-
- Distance of Dharamshala from Delhi – 471km
- Time to reach Dharamshala by road from Delhi - 09hr 48min
Bringing together religion, history, culture and beauty, Ajmer is the best place for a trip to North India in December. Ajmer is famous for being the sacred site of Moinuddin Chishti's Dargah. This last resting place of Ajmer Khwaja Garib Nawaz is a symbol of euphony and spirituality. Surrounded by a gust of peace, this temple forces one to walk the path of spirituality.
- State of Ajmer - Rajasthan
- Weather of Ajmer in December – 10° / 23°
- How to reach Ajmer – You can take a flight to Sanganer Airport and then hit the road which is 150km from there or take a train to Ajmer Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Ajmer – Pushkar Lake, Man Mahal, Lord Brahma Temple, Rose Garden, Mertha, Pushkar Bazaar, Varaha Ghat
- Price range of Hotels in Ajmer – 1430/- to 14070/-
- Distance of Ajmer from Delhi – 404km
- Time to reach Ajmer by road from Delhi - 07hr 06min
Places to visit in South India in December
Kovalam was once a fishing village and has now transformed into a luxurious resort that is considered one of the best places to visit in India for a vacation. Viewed by many locals and foreigners, this beach is located close to the city of Kerala. Surrounded by silver sand, turquoise blue water and beautiful palm trees, Kovalam is quite famous among honeymooners. Although this place is known for its pleasant weather throughout the year, winters are very pleasing here.
- State of Kovalam – Kerala
- Weather of Kovalam in December – 24° / 31°
- How to reach Kovalam – You can take a flight to Trivandrum International Airport. Also, you can take a train to Kollam Junction or Trivandrum Central Railway Station
- Best Places to visit in Kovalam - Vizhinjam Lighthouse, Grove Beach, Kovalam Beach
- Price range of Hotels in Kovalam – 999/- to 4999/-
- Distance of Kovalam from Bengaluru – 723km
- Time to reach Kovalam by road from Bengaluru - 13hr 13min
Thrissur is popular amongst the tourists for its classic Keralian performing arts, beautiful temples and the famous Thrissur Pooram Festival and Onam festival. The name Thrissur is an shortened form of Tiru-Shiva-per-ur which means the city of three temples. It was also once the capital of the Kochi Empire.
- State of Thrissur – Kerala
- Weather of Thrissur in December – 22° / 30°
- How to reach Thrissur – You can take a flight to Cochin International Airport. Also you can take a train to Kollam Junction or Shertallai Central Railway Station.
- Best Places to visit in Thrissur - Sree Vadakkunnathan Temple, Sakthan Thampuran Palace, Thrissur Zoo And Museum
- Price range of Hotels in Thrissur – 999/- to 4999/-
- Distance of Thrissur from Bengaluru – 473km
- Time to reach Thrissur by road from Bengaluru - 08hr 45min
Kumarakom is one of the beautiful places in Kerala. The backwaters of Kumarakom is presumed to be one of the best destinations for travelling in India in winter to enjoy a relaxing environment. This city also becomes the home for the migratory birds during the winter season. Nigh that, the houseboats make this place more dreamlike to visit.
- State of Kumarakom - Kerala
- Weather of Kumarakom in December - 23° / 32°
- How to reach Kumarakom - You can take a flight to Kochi Airport and then hit the road to Kumarakom which is 85km from there or take a train to Kottayam Railway Station which is 16km from there.
- Best places to visit in Kumarakom - Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom Beach, Vaikom Mahadeva Temple, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls
- Price range of Hotels in Kumarakom – 1077/- to 17500/-
- Distance of Kumarakom from Bengaluru – 589km
- Time to reach Kumarakom by road from Bengaluru – 11hr 19min
Kasargod is famously known as the ‘land of Gods’. It's an amazing destination for travelling with family in Kerala. It has numerous heritage structures and natural wonders like Ananthapura Lake temple, Madhur temple, Bekal Fort, Bekal beach, and the magnificent Thonikadavu waterfall. Kasaragod is among the chosen locations for an excursion to South India in December, as it celebrates its Theyyam and Kanathur Nalvar Bhootha Sthanam festival.
- State of Kasargod - Kerala
- Weather of Kasargod in December - 20° / 30°
- How to reach Kasargod - You can take a flight to Mangalore Airport and then hit the road to Kasargod which is 70km from there or take a train to Kasargod Railway Station. Also, you can take a bus from Bangalore, Alleppey, Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam to reach Kasargod.
- Best places to visit in Kasargod - Ananthapura Lake temple, Kappil Beach, Kasaragod Beach, Clock Tower, CPCRI Beach, and Oduma Beach.
- Price range of Hotels in Kasargod – 514/- to 4400/-
- Distance of Kasargod from Bengaluru – 357km
- Time to reach Kasargod by road from Bengaluru – 07hr 51min
Plan a trip to Kochi in December and enjoy the fiesta of the Cochin Carnival. One of the most popular cultural performances of India, it is held in December every year. This festival is celebrated with fun, charm and energy. The competition of bike races, beach volleyball, swimming, fireworks, lively music, dance, clothes and lovely decorations of historical monuments make Kochi one of the exquisite destinations for an excursion to South India in December.
- State of Kochi - Kerala
- Weather of Kochi in December - 23° / 31°
- How to reach Kochi - You can take a flight to Kochi International Airport or take a train to Kochi Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Kochi - Willingdon Island, Fort Kochi, Marine Drive, Bolgatty Palace, Vasco da Gama Square, Veeranpuzha Lake and Backwaters, Cherai Beach etc.
- Price range of Hotels in Kochi – 990/- to 3500/-
- Distance of Kochi from Bengaluru – 549km
- Time to reach Kochi by road from Bengaluru – 10hr 12min
Alleppey, also known as The Venice of the East, is one of the calmest and most relaxing winter tourist places in South India in December. Alleppey is also known for houseboat cruises which attract visitors. It has several beaches and backwater canals to enjoy. It’s also famous for its boat races and houseboat holidays.
- State of Alleppey – Kerala
- Weather of Alleppey in December – 25° / 30°
- How to reach Alleppey – You can take a flight to Cochin International Airport or take a train to Alleppey Railway Station
- Best Places to visit in Alleppey - Marari Beach, Punnamada Lake, Krishnapuram Palace, Alappuzha Beach, Vembanad Lake
- Price range of Hotels in Alleppey – 650/- to 10425/-
- Distance of Alleppey from Bengaluru – 595km
- Time to reach Alleppey by road from Bengaluru – 11hr 15min
Mahabalipuram has a tranquil beach and phenomenal temples. it's a marvelous fishing village. It has amusing weather during winter which makes it attractive amongst the tourists. Ideal for a walk and sunbathing on the beach, Mahabalipuram is a paradise for beach lovers.
- State of Mahabalipuram – Tamil Nadu
- Weather of Mahabalipuram in December – 25° / 29°
- How to reach Mahabalipuram – You can take a flight to Chennai Airport, or take a train to Chennai Railway Station.
- Best Places to visit in Mahabalipuram - Arjuna’s Penance, Pancha Rathas, Sea Shore temple, Krishna’s Butter Ball, Descent Of The Ganges, India Seashell Museum, Varaha Cave temple etc.
- Price range of Hotels in Mahabalipuram 2660/- to 17110/-
- Distance of Mahabalipuram from Bengaluru – 352km
- Time to reach Mahabalipuram by road from Bengaluru - 06hr 34min
Kodaikanal is a Princess of Hill station. Kodaikanal translates to the ‘gift of the forests.’ You will find a variety of trees and beautiful flowers everywhere which attracts the tourists. Kodaikanal is also famous for its museums and temples. It’s the best place for the families, newlywed couples, and for adventurers.
- State of Kodaikanal – Tamil Nadu
- Weather of Kodaikanal in December – 15° / 22°
- How to reach Kodaikanal – You can take a flight to Madurai Airport or take a train to Kodai Railway Station
- Best Places to visit in Kodaikanal - Coaker’s Walk, Pillar rocks, Kodai Lake, Bear Shola Falls, Devil’s Kitchen, Thalaiyar Falls, Berijam Lake, Dolphin’s Nose, Kurinji Temple
- Price range of Hotels in Kodaikanal – 900/- to 12825/-
- Distance of Kodaikanal from Bengaluru – 466km
- Time to reach Kodaikanal by road from Bengaluru – 8hr 49min
Coonoor is one of the best hill stations to visit in South India, which is known for its tea estates in the surrounding Nilgiri hills. It is a piece of heaven where you can enjoy the beauty of surroundings. This place also offers thrilling activities like trekking through untrodden paths.
- State of Coonoor - Tamil Nadu
- Weather of Coonoor in December - 15° / 23°
- How to reach Coonoor - You can take a flight to Coimbatore International Airport or take a train to Nilgiri Mountain Railway Station or Mettupalayam railway station or take a bus from Ooty to Coonoor.
- Best places to visit in Coonoor - St. George Church, Ketty & Hidden Valley, Droog Fort, and Sim’s Park
- Price range of Hotels in Coonoor – 960/- to 12390/-
- Distance of Coonoor from Bengaluru – 398km
- Time to reach Coonoor by road from Bengaluru – 7hr 54min
Ooty is a hill resort in South India's Tamil Nadu. It’s famous for its pine trees, tea, coffee and chocolates. Its calm and pleasant weather attracts the vacationers. It's an enjoyable destination to explore in the Winter.
- State of Ooty – Tamil Nadu
- Weather of Ooty in December – 11° / 20°
- How to reach Ooty – You can take a flight to Coimbatore Airport, or take a train to Coimbatore Railway Station and Tiruppur Railway Station to reach Ooty.
- Best Places to visit in Ooty - Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Ooty Lake, Ooty Rose Gardens, Kalhatti Falls, Emerald Lake, Tiger Hills, Doddabetta Peak
- Price range of Hotels in Ooty– 2660/- to 17110/-
- Distance of Ooty from Bengaluru – 297km
- Time to reach Ooty by road from Bengaluru - 7hr 34min
Kabini is an attractive place to visit in Karnataka for all types of travelers. It is an ideal place for adventure seekers, nature lovers or leisure travelers. The winter time is the best time to see leopards in the Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary. The sanctuary has a diversity of flora and fauna and wonderful waterfalls.
- State of Kabini – Karnataka
- Weather of Kabini in December - 17° / 28°
- How to reach Kabini – You can take a flight to Coimbatore Airport or take a train to Mysore Railway Station to reach Kabini.
- Best Places to visit in Kabini - Kabini River, Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary
- Price range of Hotels in Kabini – 960/- to 12390/-
- Distance of Kabini from Bengaluru – 205km
- Time to reach Kabini by road from Bengaluru - 04hr 40min
Chikmagalur, also known as the coffee land of Karnataka is famous for its coffee. Chikmagalur is an amazing hill station for travelling with families and friends in the state of Karnataka due to its pleasing climate. It’s lovely mountains and dense forests attract the tourists. This is the perfect destination for peace lovers.
- State of Chikmagalur - Karnataka
- Weather of Chikmagalur in December - 16° / 26°
- How to reach Chikmagalur - You can take a flight to Mangalore Airport or take a train to Kadur Railway Station
- Best places to visit in Chikmagalur - Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Mahatma Gandhi Park, Kemmanagundi, Belur, Kyatanamakki, Belavadi
- Price range of Hotels in Chikmagalur – 1791/- to 22420/-
- Distance of Chikmagalur from Bengaluru – 243km
- Time to reach Chikmagalur by road from Bengaluru – 4hr 38min
13. Araku Valley
Araku Valley in Andhra Pradesh is famous for its coffee plantation. This destination has a wonderful climate. You can enjoy its natural beauty and waterfalls. This is the best place for you to visit with your family or friends during the winter season.
- State of Araku Valley – Andhra Pradesh
- Weather of Araku Valley in December – 24° / 30°
- How to reach Araku Valley – You can take a flight to Visakhapatnam Airport or take a train to Araku Railway Station
- Best Places to visit in Araku Valley - Araku Art Museum, Tribal Museum, Coffee Museum, Padmapuram Gardens, Chaparai Waterfalls, Ananthagiri
- Price range of Hotels in Araku Valley – 844/- to 1818/-
- Distance of Araku Valley from Bengaluru – 1149km
- Time to reach Araku Valley by road from Bengaluru – 21hr 56min
Nalgonda has set off one of the best places for travelling in December, due to its cozy weather to explore structures such as Devarakonda and Bhongir Fort. Nagarjuna Sagar Dam and Ethipothala Falls look pretty and sweltering in winter. As a comeback and quiet place, it also attracts solo travelers.
- State of Nalgonda - Andhra Pradesh
- Weather of Nalgonda in December - 15° / 20°
- How to reach Nalgonda - You can take a flight to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport or take a train to Nalgonda Railway Station
- Best places to visit in Nalgonda - Nagarjuna Sagar Dam, Kunda Satyanarayana Kala Dhamam Surendrapuri, Kulpakji temple, Lakshmi Narasimha temple, Yadagirigutta, Bhongir Fort etc.
- Price range of Hotels in Nalgonda – 1791/- to 22420/-
- Distance of Nalgonda from Bengaluru – 667km
- Time to reach Nalgonda by road from Bengaluru – 10hr 28min
Places to visit in East India in December
Tawang is a beautiful district in Arunachal Pradesh. It’s famous for its natural majesty, rich culture and traditions. You can visit Tawang Monastery, which is known for its 400-year old monastery. It is a pilgrim center for the followers of Buddhism. Tawang has a comfortable and pleasurable climate which makes Tawang a wonderful destination to visit in December.
- State of Tawang - Arunachal Pradesh
- Weather of Tawang in December - -5° / 5°
- How to reach Tawang - You can take a flight to Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport or Salonibari Airport. You can also take a train to Tezpur Railway Station or take a bus from Kolkata to reach Tawang.
- Best places to visit in Tawang - Tawang War Memorial, Panga Teng Pso Lake, Bumla Pass, Jaswant Garh, Nuranang Falls, Geshila Peak
- Price range of Hotels in Tawang - 1098/- to 2999/-
- Distance of Tawang from Kolkata - 1377km
- Time to reach Tawang by flight from Kolkata - 4hr 55min
Kaziranga National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will find various species of mammals in this forest like tigers, elephants, panthers and bears, and species of birds. Also, you can enjoy safari in this forest by watching these mammals.
- State of Kaziranga National Park – Assam
- Weather of Kaziranga National Park in December – 13°/ 25°
- How to reach Kaziranga National Park – You can take a flight to Guwahati Airport and then take a taxi to Kaziranga National park
- Best places to visit in Kaziranga National Park – Elephant Safari, Jeep Safari, Kaziranga National Orchid Park, Tea Estate
- Price range of hotels in Kaziranga National Park – 999/- to 5625/-
- Distance of Kaziranga National Park from Kolkata – 1176km
- Time to reach Kaziranga National Park from Kolkata – 29hr
Darjeeling is a natural heritage city to visit in East India. You can enjoy it by Watching the mesmerizing colors of sunshine from the Tiger hills. It’s famous for its tea plantation and toy train. Enjoy the trekking to Sandakphu and take a toy train ride. Darjeeling is the best place for families and newlywed couples to visit in East India in December.
- State of Darjeeling – West Bengal
- Weather of Darjeeling in December – 5°/ 20°
- How to reach Darjeeling – Take a flight to Bagdogra Airport and then hit the road for a 95km ride to Darjeeling
- Best places to visit in Darjeeling – Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Tiger Hill, Sandakphu Trek, Darjeeling Rangeet Valley Ropeway, Rimbik, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
- Price range of hotels in Darjeeling – 1290/- to 5000/-
- Distance of Darjeeling from Kolkata – 633km
- Time to reach Darjeeling from Kolkata – 16hr 49min
Ziro is a town and also a world heritage site in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. It has pleasant weather during this month. You will find pine-clad gentle hills and its surrounding rice fields . It’s natural beauty attracts the attention of the tourists.
- State of Ziro - Arunachal Pradesh
- Weather of Ziro in December - 5° / 10°
- How to reach Ziro - You can take a flight to Tezpur Airport. You can also take a train to Tezpur Railway Station or take a bus from Kolkata to reach Ziro Valley
- Best places to visit in Ziro - Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, Pine Grove, Tarin Fish Farm, DoloMando, Meghna Cave Temple and Ziro Puto
- Price range of Hotels in Ziro - 1098/- to 3599/-
- Distance of Ziro from Kolkata - 1385km
- Time to reach Ziro by flight from Kolkata - 32hr 55min
Gangtok, also known as the land of monasteries, is a popular Buddhist pilgrimage site. It’s the best destination for those who love to explore nature’s beauty, and trekking. You can enjoy delectable Tibetan cuisine there. Gangtok is one of the best destinations for traveling with family and friends in December.
- State of Gangtok – Sikkim
- Weather of Gangtok in December – 0°/ 15°
- How to reach Gangtok – Take a flight to Bagdogra Airport or take a train to New Jalpaiguri Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Gangtok – baba Harbhajan Singh Memorial Temple, Magnan, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Tsomgo Lake, Nathu La Pass, Hanuman Tok, Ganesh Tok, Tashi Viewpoint Kanchenjunga, Fambong La Wildlife Sanctuary, Saramsa Garden, Do Drul Chorten, Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Seven Sisters Waterfalls, Phodong Monastery, Himalayan Zoological Park, and Tashiding Monastery
- Price range of hotels in Gangtok – 450/- to 2800/-
- Distance of Gangtok from Kolkata – 687km
- Time to reach Gangtok from Kolkata – 18hr 95min
Majuli is the largest river Island in the world which is located in the district of Assam. It’s picturesque beauty attracts the tourists. There are preserved antique items like weapons, utensils and jewellery which have cultural significance.
- State of Majuli – Assam
- Weather of Majuli in December – 10°/ 26°
- How to reach Majuli – You can take a train from Guwahati to Jorhat Railway Station and cover the rest of the 20 KM on a ferry.
- Best places to visit in Majuli – Kamalabari Satra, Dakhinapat Satra, Garmur Satra, Auniati Satra, Tengapania, Chetia Gaon, Bangalpukhari.
- Distance of Majuli from Kolkata – 1399km
- Time to reach Majuli by road from Kolkata – 30hr 00min
Siliguri is said to be the gateway to Northeast India, situated on the banks of the Mahananda River in the plains of Darjeeling district. It is the second largest city in West Bengal. It has a green tea garden and snow-capped Himalayan mountains.
- State of Siliguri - West Bengal
- Weather of Siliguri in December - 10° / 26°
- How to reach Siliguri - You can take a flight to Bagdogra Airport and then hit the road for a 15min ride to Siliguri.
- Best places to visit in Siliguri - City Centre, Bengal Safari, ISKCON Siliguri, Sri Sri Radha Madhavsundara, Hong Kong Market, Vega Circle Mall, Kali Mandir
- Price range of Hotels in Siliguri - 799/- to 3509/-
- Distance of Siliguri from Kolkata - 565km
- Time to reach Siliguri by road from Kolkata - 12hr 20min
Guwahati, Assam's largest city is the gateway to the Seven Sisters of Northeast India which has naturalistic beauty. Guwahati is situated on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. It is a breathtaking location for a relaxing holiday. The city also has a generous nightlife. Guwahati celebrates many festivals that you can experience by celebrating them.
- State of Guwahati - Assam
- Weather of Guwahati in December - 12° / 25°
- How to reach Guwahati - You can take a flight to Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport and then hire a taxi to Guwahati. Also, you can take a train to Guwahati Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Guwahati - Kamakhya Temple, Assam State Museum, Umananda Temple, Alfresco Grand, Nehru Park, Guwahati Planetarium, Guwahati Zoo, Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary
- Price range of Hotels in Guwahati - 1149/- to 3849/-
- Distance of Guwahati from Kolkata - 1035km
- Time to reach Guwahati by road from Kolkata - 23hr 43min
Mawlynnong is a popular destination for its cleanliness in Asia. It’s called God’s own Gold due its spotless environment. You will be fascinated by its greenery. Mawlynnong is an amazing destination for travelling in India. Also, you can enjoy trekking and explore the skywalk there.
- State of Mawlynnong – Meghalaya
- Weather of Mawlynnong in December – 12°/ 24°
- How to reach Mawlynnong – Take a flight to Shillong Airport or take a train to Guwahati Railway Station which is 120km from there.
- Best places to visit in Mawlynnong – Sightseeing, The Root Bridge, Mawlynnong Waterfall, Balancing Rock, Dawki
- Price range of hotels in Mawlynnong – 900/- to 4500/-
- Distance of Mawlynnong from Kolkata – 1200km
- Time to reach Mawlynnong from Kolkata – 27hr 00min
Kanchenjunga is the third highest peak in the world. It’s a desirable destination for adventurers where you can be pleased by trekking and camping. Also, you can explore Hanuman Tok, Ganesh Tok and Tashi viewpoint. Kanchenjunga will be one of the best choices round trip in India in December.
- State of Kanchenjunga – Sikkim
- Weather of Kanchenjunga in December – 5°/ 16°
- How to reach Kanchenjunga – You can take a train from Delhi to Darjeeling Railway Station and cover the rest of the 85 KM by a hired or shared taxi.
- Best places to visit in Kanchenjunga – Goecha La, Kanchenjunga National Park, Kumbhakarna, Kabru, Mt. Pandim, Zemu Glacier
- Distance of Kanchenjunga from Kolkata – 570km
- Time to reach Kanchenjunga by road from Kolkata – 12hr 05min
11. Dzukou Valley
Dzukou Valley is famous for its natural beauty and flora and fauna. You can enjoy camping and trekking there. It’s the best place for nature lovers to visit.
- State of Dzukou Valley – Nagaland and Manipur
- Weather of Dzukou Valley in December – 10°/ 20°
- How to reach Dzukou Valley – Take a flight to Dimapur Airport.
- Best places to visit in Dzukou Valley – Kohima War Cemetery, Naga Heritage Village, Kohima Museum, The Catholic Cathedra
- Price range of hotels in Dzukou Valley – 1000/- to 5000/-
Digha beach also known as Golden Beach. It’s famous for its golden sands and sunset views. It’s the best place to visit in East India in December month.
- State of Digha – West Bengal
- Weather of Digha in December – 16°/ 25°
- How to reach Digha – Take a bus to Digha from Kolkata.
- Best places to visit in Digha – Udaipur Beach, Shankarpur Beach, Talsari Beach, Chandpur Beach, Amarabati Park
- Price range of hotels in Digha – 989/- to 6861/-
- Distance of Digha from Kolkata – 183km
- Time to reach Digha from Kolkata – 04hr 26min
Places to visit in West India in December
Goa is famous for its lovely beaches. It’s considered as the most visited destination for tourists in India. Every beach in Goa has its specialty and beauty. It has a captivating climate. You can enjoy nightlife there and go to a casino. Also, you can enjoy water sports activities and camping there. Don’t miss to try scrumptious food in Goa. It’s a memorable spot for travelling with friends, family as well as for newly wed couples.
- Weather of Goa in December – 21°/ 33°
- How to reach Goa – You can take a flight to Dabolim International Airport or take a train to Madgaon and Vasco-da-Gama Railway Station
- Best places to visit in Goa – Baga Beach, Calangute Beach, Anjuna Beach, Hollant Beach, Velsao Beach, Dudhsagar waterfalls
- Price range of hotels in Goa – 972/- to 6500/-
- Distance of Goa from Mumbai – 577km
- Time to reach Goa from Mumbai – 11hr 19min
Mumbai is one of the best places to visit in Western India. Its entertainment industry, enormous Juhu beach and scrumptious food attracts the attention of tourists from all over the world to Mumbai. You can visit Elephanta Caves there or watch the film shooting in Film City. Also, you can enjoy shopping from Fashion Street or Colaba.
- State of Mumbai - Maharashtra
- Weather of Mumbai in December - 18° / 32°
- How to reach Mumbai - You can take the flight to Mumbai Airport or you can take a Train to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station
- Best places to visit in Mumbai - Elephanta Caves, Marine Drive, Juhu Beach, Colaba Causeway, Gateway of India, Film City, Bandra-Worli Sea Link, Kanheri Caves, Global Vipassana Pagoda, Shree Siddhivinayak.
- Price range of Hotels in Mumbai - 1399/- to 3999/-
Mahabaleshwar is a hill station in India's forested Western Ghats. It’s also known as the ‘queen of all hill stations in Maharashtra’. It has waterfalls, valleys, rivers, temples and forests for tourists to visit. Mahabaleshwar is famous for Strawberries, Mulberries, carrots and corn. It’s a memorable destination for tourists to explore in December.
- State of Mahabaleshwar – Maharashtra
- Weather of Mahabaleshwar in December - 14° / 26°
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar - You can take the flight to Pune and then hit the road to Mahabaleshwar or you can take a Train at Wathar Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Mahabaleshwar - Elephant's head point, Pratapgad, Venna Lake, Lodwick point, Sunset Point, Tapola
- Price range of Hotels in Mahabaleshwar - 1099/- to 2899/-
- Distance of Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai - 263km
- Time to reach Mahabaleshwar by road from Mumbai - 5hr 31min
Panchgani is also known as the ‘Table Land’. It’s a hill station to visit in Maharashtra. Panchgani is the best tourist place for hikers and nature lovers. If you are planning to go to a picnic spot for short days with your family, you can plan your round trip to Panchgani. Also, you can visit Kaas Plateau which is known as the ‘Valley of Flowers’ and enjoy photography there.
- State of Panchgani – Maharashtra
- Weather of Panchgani in December – 13°/ 23°
- How to reach Panchgani – You can take a flight to Pune Airport or take a taxi from Pune to reach Panchgani.
- Best places to visit in Panchgani – Tableland, Kate's point, Mapro Garden, Sydney Point, Parsi Point, Rajpuri Caves, Dhom Dam, Lingmala Falls, Kamalgad Fort
- Price range of hotels in Panchgani – 1099/- to 2000/-
- Distance of Panchgani from Mumbai – 244km
- Time to reach Panchgani from Mumbai – 04hr 57min
Khandala is a hill station in Maharashtra. It has rock formations of different shapes which is popular amongst the tourists. One of them is Shiv Linga rock which is known as the ‘Swayambhu’. You can experience trekking there. Also, Khandala has amazing waterfalls, hills and lagoons which attracts the attention of tourists. Also you can experience the sunrise and sunset view from Tiger’s leap. It is the best destination for nature lovers and adventurers.
- State of Khandala - Maharashtra
- Weather of Khandala in December - 12° / 29°
- How to reach Khandala - The best way is to get to the RORO service from Mumbai to reach Khandala. You can also take your car in the ferry service to reach your destination safely.
- Best places to visit in Khandala - Murud Janjira Fort, Alibaug Beach, Kolaba fort, Nagaon Beach, Kihim beach, Brahma Kund, Mandwa Beach, Kashid Beach
- Price range of Hotels in Khandala - 899/- to 1999/-
- Distance of Khandala from Mumbai - 96km
- Time to reach Khandala by road from Mumbai - 2hr 36min
Lonavala is also known as the 'Jewel of Sahyadri' and the 'City of Caves'. It’s the most visited hill station in Maharashtra during Winter season. It has stunning waterfalls, lakes and caves. Also, its pleasing scenery attracts the tourists. Lonavala is also a historical site as well as a religious site. Lonavala is one of the best destinations to spend your vacations with your family members.
- State of Lonavala - Maharashtra
- Weather of Lonavala in December - 15° / 29°
- How to reach Lonavala - The best way to reach Lonavala is by road. You can take a bus or taxi from Mumbai or Pune to Lonavala. You can drive a car or bike yourself to travel to Lonavala by road.
- Best places to visit in Lonavala - Pawna Lake, Rajmachi Fort, Kondane Cave, Dukes Nose, Canyon Valley, Lohagad
- Price range of Hotels in Lonavala - 850/- to 2999/-
- Distance of Lonavala from Mumbai - 82km
- Time to reach Lonavala by road from Mumbai - 2hr 2min
Aurangabad is famous for Ajanta and Ellora caves. Aurangabad in Maharashtra can be an excellent place for history lovers. There you can find a replica of the famous Taj Mahal, called Bibi Ka Maqbara. A journey through history adds the charm of being in a country with a glorious past. You will see many places for sightseeing in Aurangabad such as Bibi Ka Maqbara, Aurangabad Caves, Panchki and Darwaza. Winters are the perfect time to visit Aurangabad as it is very hot here.
- State of Aurangabad - Maharashtra
- Weather of Aurangabad in December - 12° / 29°
- How to reach Aurangabad - You can take a flight to Aurangabad Airport. Also, you can take a train to Aurangabad Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Aurangabad - Grishneshwar Temple, Bibi ka Maqbara, The Ajanta caves, Ellora caves, Daulatabad Fort, Aurangabad Caves
- Price range of Hotels in Aurangabad - 665/- to 3058/-
- Distance of Aurangabad from Mumbai - 361km
- Time to reach Aurangabad by road from Mumbai - 06hr 46min
Shirdi is a pilgrimage site. It’s famous as the home of holy Sai Baba. You can visit many places there such as Shani Shingnapur, Muktidham, Dwarkamai Mosque, Kalaram Temple etc
- State of Shirdi – Maharashtra
- Weather of Shirdi in December – 20°/ 40°
- How to reach Shirdi – you can take a flight to Mumbai International airport or Aurangabad Airport then take a taxi to Shirdi which is 130km away from Aurangabad. You can take a taxi from Mumbai, Thane, Nashik or Pune.
- Best places to visit in Shirdi – Shani Shingnapur, Muktidham, Dwarkamai Mosque, Kalaram Temple
- Price range of hotels in Shirdi – 400/- to 2850/-
- Distance of Shirdi from Mumbai – 241km
- Time to reach Shirdi from Mumbai – 04hr 41min
Pune is the second city after Mumbai to have gained so much popularity. From the hectic city to the film school and Osho Ashram, Pune has a different atmosphere. You can visit Shaniwarwada, Shinde Chhatri and Vishrambaug Wada. There are many parks and malls in Pune that enhance the beauty of the city. It has some of the best restaurants and a wondrous night life that attracts tourists.
- State of Pune – Maharashtra
- Weather of Pune in December - 11° / 29°
- How to reach Pune - You can take the flight to Pune or Lohegaon Airport or you can take a Train to reach Pune.
- Best places to visit in Pune - Shaniwar Wada, Aga Khan Palace, Osho Ashram, Vetal Tekdi, Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple, Lal Mahal, Shinde Chhatri, Vishrambaug Wada
- Price range of Hotels in Pune - 1299/- to 5999/-
- Distance of Pune from Mumbai - 147km
- Time to reach Pune by road from Mumbai - 02hr 56min
Saputara is a hill station in the state of Maharashtra which is famous for tribal arts and crafts. Also, it is a picnic spot for families and friends. You can take pleasure in the view of Saputara valley from Sunrise Point. Also, you can pay a visit to SwamiNarayan Mandir which is a pilgrimage site and Table Point where you can enjoy many adventure activities like camel riding, horse riding, zip lining and bike tours.
- State of Saputara – Maharashtra
- Weather of Saputara in December – 17°/ 28°
- How to reach Saputara – You can take a train to Waghai Railway Station or take a taxi from Mumbai to Saputara.
- Best places to visit in Saputara – Echo Point, Hatgadh Fort, Pandava caves, Vansda National Park, the Millenium Garden, Governor Hill, Swami Narayan Mandir, Brahmakumari’s Art Gallery, Jain Temple, Sunrise Point.
- Price range of hotels in Saputara – 400/- to 2850/-
- Distance of Saputara from Mumbai – 245km
- Time to reach Saputara from Mumbai – 04hr 51min
11. Daman and Diu
Daman and Diu are also known as Nani Daman Fort. It’s a small island in Gujarat state in Western India.You can explore its beautiful beaches and churches there. Daman and Diu are the chosen destination for newlywed couples. You can take pleasure in Bonfire and Camping with your soulmate.
- State of Daman and Diu – Gujarat
- Weather of Daman and Diu in December – 10°/ 32°
- How to reach Daman and Diu – You can take a flight to Nani Daman or take a train to Vapi Railway Station.
- Best places to visit in Daman and Diu – Nagoa Beach, Jallandhar Beach, Jampore Beach, Diu Fort, Jetty Garden, Naida Caves, St. Paul church
- Price range of hotels in Daman and Diu – 1317/- to 2800/-
- Distance of Daman and Diu from Mumbai – 177km
- Time to reach Daman and Diu from Mumbai – 03hr 53min
Matheran is also known as "the smallest hill station in India". If you are planning a short trip in the month of December, then you can go to Matheran as it's considered the best place for nature lovers, as well as hikers and photographers.
- State of Matheran - Maharashtra
- Weather of Matheran in December - 16° / 31°
- How to reach Matheran - You can take a Bus from Mumbai or Pune to Matheran.
- Best places to visit in Matheran - Louisa Point, Charlotte Lake, Monkey Point, Shivaji Ladder, Panorama Point, Echo Point, Porcupine point
- Price range of Hotels in Matheran - 1275/- to 2099/-
- Distance of Matheran from Mumbai - 83km
- Time to reach Matheran by road from Mumbai - 2hr 31min